Benefits of Massage
Massage is an effective means of influencing the structures and functions of
- Increases metabolism
- Hastens healing
- Relaxes and refreshes muscles
- Improves the detoxifying functions of the lymphatic system
- Relieves fatigue
- Reduces tension and anxiety
- Calms the nervous system
- Promotes a sense of relaxation and renewed energy
- Stimulates circulation
- Releases muscle spasms
- Prevents and reduces the development of adhesions and excessive scarring following trauma
Massage was one of the earliest remedial practices for relief of pain and restoration of healthy body functions. It is a natural and instinctive method by which minor aches and pains can be soothed away by bringing relief from nervous tension and fatigue.
- Swedish Massage: Relaxation, Stress Reduction
- Sports Massage: Triathlons, Marathons
- Hawaiian Lomi-lomi
- Active Isolated Stretching
- Rejuvenating Face Lift Massage
- Thai Massage
- Certified Neuromuscular Therapist
What to Expect
Although massage is an intimate experience between therapist and client, it is not sexual. Your comfort is the main concern at all times.
The massage table is covered with sheets that get draped over the client's body. Only the area being worked on will be exposed. I'm trained to keep you appropriately draped at all times.
If at any time the pressure is too much or not enough, please let me know so I can make adjustments.
It is important to inform the therapist of any health problems or medications you are taking. If you are under doctor's care, the therapist may require doctor's permission.
- All sessions are by appointment only
- 60 minutes = $80
- 90 minutes = $110
- 30 minutes = $50 (16 yrs. and under)
- Evening and weekend appointments available
- House calls available for an additional $15
- Currently accepting cash and checks
- Gift certificates available
- Please give advance notice if you need to reschedule your massage.
- Gratuities are always appreciated and never expected.
Contact Sarah for your massage appointment.
Sarah Hunter, LMT
- Nationally Certified Licensed Massage Therapist
- Graduate of Sarasota School of Massage Therapy 2004
- Swedish Practicum Instructor at Sarasota School of Massage
- Education Chair and 2nd Vice President of the Florida State Massage Therapy Association Sarasota/Manatee Chapter 2004-2010
~ Every time I get a massage from someone else, I am reminded of what an excellent therapist you are!
~ Willow Rambow, Bradenton, FL
~ Thank you so very much for the excellent treatment I received from you. As you know the last few months have been miserable due to pain most of the time. Thanks to you I have had periods pain free or at least greatly reduced. I also felt that you understood my needs without my needing to verbalise them, one simple thing was putting a pillow under my knees to break them, something no one here in the UK has done. The experience was very enjoyable and something I intend to repeat when back in Bradenton, until then I shall miss your care.
~ Lesley Daley, UK
~ My massage was wonderful, thanks! Everything was very nice - I liked the extra touches with the warm towels and eye mask, and I really enjoyed experiencing your unique style :) The strokes definitely felt better than a typical massage, and the complete experience was deeply relaxing.
~ Amy Ruliffson, Bradenton, FL